The Foundation will travel along the 4th of July Parade route and volunteers will collect the non-perishable items.
The Foundation is working with Community Cupboard/First Christian Church of Crown Point, First Presbyterian Church of Crown Point, God’s Groceries/ St. Mary’s Catholic Church, St. Clare Health Clinic and St. Vincent de Paul Society/Holy Spirit Catholic Church in an effort to increase the amount of non-perishable goods these organizations have to distribute.
You CAN help! Bring your non-perishable food/household items to the parade route for collection. Please check expiration dates -items that have exceeded listed expiration dates cannot be distributed. Suggested items of need are:
- Laundry soap
- All-purpose cleaners, dish soap
- Paper products – kleenex, toilet paper, paper towels
- Toiletries – deodorant (male and female), shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes
- Baby formula and diapers
- Canned tuna, chicken, turkey, meat
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned soups, boxed crackers
- Canned pasta – Spaghetti O’s, Ravioli, Hamburger Helper and Peanut butter and jelly
- Condiments – ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- Coffee, tea
As the Crown Point community comes together to celebrate the independence of our nation, let’s also come together to help our neighbors in need.
Like to make a donation now? Non-perishable items and monetary donations will be accepted at the Crown Point Community Foundation, 213 S. Court St., Hub Bootery, 108 N. Main St., and St. Clare Health Clinic, 1121 S. Indiana Ave., Crown Point, IN.
Monetary donations can be made payable to the Crown Point Community Foundation Food Drive Campaign and mailed to the Foundation at P.O. Box 522, Crown Point, IN 46308.
For more information, see us on Facebook or visit our website www.crownpointcommunityfoundation.org The Crown Point Community Foundation can be reached at 219-662-7252.
Press release provided by The Crown Point July 4th Celebration Committee Inc.