U.S. Rep. Peter J. Visclosky (D-Ind.) and Indiana Builders Association President Andy Place, Sr., will recognize and award “The Gem” located within The Village in Burns Harbor. The Gem is one of only 22 homes within the United States to receive this certification and the first within the state of Indiana.
Built by Treasure Homes, Inc., The Gem features a superior level of energy efficiency at an affordable price by using a sealed, insulated, and conditioned building system. The performance level of this Energy 5 Star Plus home has been verified by a third party through diagnostic testing which generated a HERS rating of 46 on the Department of Energy scale and is ‘solar-ready’. Enhancements to indoor air quality, including fresh air ventilation and filtration, and use of low or no VOC materials and finishes, provide a healthy home. Water usage is reduced through the selection of low flow toilets, lavatories, and shower heads and by incorporating innovative storm water management practices that reduce the environmental impact.
- U.S. Rep. Peter J. Visclosky (D-Ind.);
- Andy Place, Sr. Indiana Builders Association President;
- Heather Ennis, Executive Director, Chesterton/Duneland Chamber of Commerce
- Melody Sanchez, President, Greater Northwest Indiana Association of REALTORS®’
- Vicky Gadd, Executive Officer, Porter County Builders Association
4:00 p.m. Tuesday, September 7, 2010
1168 Chesterfield Avenue
Burns Harbor, Ind. 46304
There is no cost to attend this event. RSVP is requested but not necessary to attend, call 219-464-2944 or email email@example.com.