Valparaiso IN 1-24-2011 – Taltree Arboretum & Gardens will once again host Art in the Garden, a fine art fair that includes a wide array of art, plus music, food and children’s activities. Taltree would like to extend an invitation to artists interested in applying for acceptance in the show, which takes place from noon – 5 p.m. May 22 at the arboretum, 450 West 100 North, Valparaiso, IN.
Accepted media categories include two-dimensional work, graphic arts, fiber arts, mixed media, pottery, glass, jewelry, digital art and photography. Criteria for acceptance includes the following four requirements plus additional standards that are detailed here: http://www.taltree.org/hcalendar2/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=400.
1. All work must be designed and executed by the exhibiting artist.
2. Artists shall exhibit work only in the medium (or media) in which they have been accepted by the jury.
3. All work must be available for purchase.
4. All artists are expected to comply with State of Indiana tax requirements.
5. Submissions must be sent digitally as JPEG files or as links to artist’s website. Include current artist’s statement as a text file or pasted into an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is February 25. The show is open to the public with an anticipated attendance of 1,000+ art and garden lovers. For more information, visit www.taltree.org or call (219) 462-0025.
Taltree Arboretum & Gardens, a 501(c)3 public charity, offers over 300 acres of reserved woody plant collections, gardens, woodlands, savanna, wetlands, and prairie with more than three miles of hiking trails that allow visitors to experience the natural biodiversity of the landscape. Themed displays include the Hitz Family Rose Garden, Native Plant Garden, Oak Islands, and coming in 2011, the Taltree Railway Garden. Taltree Arboretum & Gardens is open all year round and located just south of U.S. Hwy. 30 between Merrillville and Valparaiso, IN at 450 West 100 North. Admission to the grounds is $5 for guests; free for Taltree members and children under 5. For more information, please visit www.taltree.org, e-mail email@example.com or call (219) 462-0025.